Keeping true to the CMAA – Aloha State Chapter’s mission of supporting Hawaii’s current and future leaders in the Hospitality and Club Industry, we are now accepting applications for the 2019 CMAA Employee/ Member Grant and 2019 CMAA Student Scholarship program. Please see below for more information regarding the programs
CMAA EMPLOYEE | MEMBER GRANT
The Employee/ Member Grant has been designed to support existing CMAA- Aloha State members interested in furthering their education in the Hospitality or Club Industry. Grant monies are to be used for tuition, CMAA Membership dues, CMAA conference attendance, or other similar educational programs.
- Must be a full time employee
- Manager is a member of the CMAA- Aloha State Chapter
- Manager submits personal recommendation of applicant
CHAPTER APPROVED AWARD GUIDELINES
- Payment will be in the form of check, made payable to the individual as a reimbursement or program of choice.
- A copy of the receipt for each award will be provided to the committee for accounting and finance purposes
- Funding of these scholarships/grants will come from the proceeds of the annual Taste of Clubs Scholarship Tournament held in the fall of each year.
- Actual payment may vary annually contingent upon Chapter available funds
The deadline to submit applications for the Employee/Member Grant is September 27, 2019. To begin the application process, please click HERE
CMAA STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
To help with student tuition and educational needs of CMAA Student Chapter members.
- Demonstrated or have expressed interest in the Hospitality or Club Industry
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Volunteered for a CMAA Scholarship Golf Tournament
- Must be an official Member of the TIM, UH Manoa Student Chapter evidenced by having paid annual dues in advance for the August – July period of the academic year in which “conference” funds are requested.
- Participate in a minimum of two schedules Parent/Student Chapter activities during the preceding academic year or be an incumbent Officer of the Student Chapter for the current academic year.
- Holds or held an Officer Position in the Student Chapter
- Must be present at the CMAA Taste of Clubs Scholarship Tournament (Monday, October 28) to accept the award
The deadline to submit applications and any supporting documents is September 27 at 5PM HST. To begin the application, please click HERE.